Sunday, February 21, 2010

Life Changes

It is amazing to me how quickly some things happen here in Vegas. On Wednesday, I walked into work as normal. I clocked in, and my boss called me to the back room... His incredibly long speech went over items like how to treat employees, staying calm, and adapting to new managers. In my mind, I thought this was simply a checkpoint speech, to see where I was, and what was next. Come to find out, this was not the case..

And I quote:
"...and why and I telling you all of this Bryon? Because as of Sunday [yes, as in, 4 days away...] you will no longer be working at 600 [current store location]. You will be 700's [notice a theme in the numbers?] new manager!"...

I must say I was quite shocked. First, 700 [new store location, just in case you weren't following] is not exactly the store I wanted. Its another 24 hour store. I was sort of hoping to not get a 24 hour store, since the hours and customer flow was better. Also, 700 [keeping up?] is further away than 600 was. Also, I was hoping I would have more than 4 days to prepare. But, alas, this was not the case. And so, it is Sunday, and I am waiting in the firefly (on paradise) parking lot, waiting Devin. We are having brunch before my first day. Quite nervous right now, but I did pick out an awesome outfit! Here's to rapid changes in life...

1 comment:

  1. Bryon, I quest congraduates are in order even thought thing are not exactly the way you would like them to be but sometimes thing do work out in the end. Let me know how it is going. Love Dad

    ReplyDelete